This video is a first attempt to make a viral video using the methods of:
- Reducing a number of historical facts to a limited video length.
- Using chess history in general to attract audience and inserting a commercial message.
- Using the auto-play function from Facebook and deliver information from the beginning.
- Using graphics, music and text to retain viewers’ attention.
- Easy to translate (it was also published in Spanish and German).
The video, considering it is about chess, did pretty well on Facebook.
The biggest mistake was that the person in charge of uploading the video on Facebook didn’t use the “Call to Action” function to link to the target website. Too bad since this option isn’t editable after posting the video.
And here it is: